Have you ever flown with Alaska Airlines? Or have you ever had to reschedule a flight? Alaska Airlines is one of the most well-known airlines in the US, based in Washington. Its customers have reportedly received excellent service. It’s the sixth largest airline in the US regarding fleet size, number of passengers, and services provided. Not only does it have a large fleet and cover various locations, but it also offers unparalleled customer service. Its top benefits are its flexible and specific Alaska flight cancellation policy.
What is Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy?
Alaska Airlines gives its customers a lot of flexibility in customizing their travel plans. Their cancellation policy is listed in the following points:
- If you cancel or change your Alaska Airlines flight within 24 hours of booking, no extra cost is incurred as long as the ticket was bought at least a week before departure.
- However, if you cancel within less than seven days of the departure, a part of the ticket price will be lost.
- Additionally, you will be charged a service fee if you change or cancel your ticket up to a few hours before take-off.
24-hour Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy
If you are already aware of Alaska Airlines’ standard cancellation policy, review the main points of its 24-hour cancellation policy.
It will help you with the free cancellation of your flight on Alaska Airlines. Please take note of the following keywords which will be helpful for you:
- You can cancel your flight ticket without any cost under its 24-hour cancellation policy.
- This policy offers a 24-hour window in which you are not charged any cancellation fees.
- However, you will be subject to cancellation fees if you do not comply with the 24-hour timeline.
How to Cancel Alaska Airlines Flight?
Yes, you can cancel your Alaska Airlines reservation online by following the instructions provided below; however, a fee will be charged if you do so.
To cancel an Alaska Airlines flight online, follow these steps:
- On alaskaair.com, select the “Manage Reservation” tab.
- Find your reservation using your six-digit confirmation number and the passenger’s last name.
- Press the “Cancel” button after selecting a specific flight segment or schedule.
- You will see the cancellation charge and the reimbursement connected with your reservation if it is possible to cancel.
- Choose whether you want a refund in the original payment method or a future travel credit.
- Check the box next to the booking’s fare terms if you accept the cancellation policy.
- You will receive a confirmation email once Alaska Airlines has processed your ticket cancellation.
Alaska Airlines No-Show Policy
A “No-show” is when a ticketed passenger does not arrive for their flight and the flight departs without them. As a result, their ticket needs to be refunded, and their reservation is terminated.
Alaska Airlines has a strict no-show policy, meaning that if the passenger does not cancel their flight tickets before the flight’s departure, the no-show policy will be applied to their reservation. It also means that any remaining flights will be immediately cancelled, and the airline will not issue a refund for a non-refundable ticket. However, if the no-show is applied to a refundable ticket, the passenger will still receive a refund.
Alaska Airlines Refund Policy
- Passengers who meet the Alaska Airlines flight cancellations requirements may be eligible for a refund according to the airline’s policy. Depending on the ticket price and conditions, you may receive a full or partial refund.
- The account you used to purchase the ticket should be credited within 7-10 business days. If you paid with cash, getting your refund could take up to 20 days.
Alaska Airlines Cancellation Fee
You may or may not have to pay the cancellation charge if you need to cancel your reservation. If a passenger cancels within 24 hours of the booking time, no fees will be paid. Travellers will receive a full refund, and the cost will be waived.
In the following circumstances, the customer is liable for any cancellation fees charged by Alaska Airlines:
- A standard fee will be charged if a ticket is cancelled within 24 hours of the flight’s departure.
- It applies to all classes, fares, and journeys. Domestic flight adjustments or cancellations may cost customers more than $125.
- If the flight is overseas, the fee could range from $200 to $500.