Nobody wants to miss a trip or take a flight, but sometimes it is necessary to cancel a flight due to unforeseen circumstances. The Southwest Airlines cancellation policy is a solution that was developed by the airline as a result. It enables travelers to change their flying plans without breaking the law.
Southwest Airlines, the world’s largest low-cost carrier, was founded on March 15th, 1967. Since it was founded, it has provided its customers with the best aviation amenities. The amenities and user-friendly policies offer the finest assistance to the passengers.
What is the Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy?
Southwest Airlines’ flight cancellation policy allows you to change your plans without incurring any penalties. It provides the most reliable information to understand the Southwest concept of flight cancellation.
- Southwest’s cancellation policy states that you can cancel a flight online or by getting in touch with customer service.
- You can cancel your Southwest Airlines flight ticket without paying any costs up to one day after booking.
- If you cancel your flight with Southwest Airlines after a day of booking, there are cancellation fees that apply.
- Southwest offers several cancellation costs that vary by route and class of travel.
Southwest 24-Hour cancellation
Southwest’s 24-hour cancellation policy permits customers to change their minds about a reservation and receive a full refund as long as the intended departure date is at least seven days away at the time of cancellation. Southwest does not charge cancellation fees within 24 hours of a transaction.
The terms and conditions for Southwest’s 24-hour cancellation policy are as follows:
- Reservations booked on Southwest.com, through a travel agency, or the Southwest mobile app are subject to a 24-hour cancellation policy.
- The free tickets are lost if Southwest Airlines cancels a flight within 24 hours.
- Southwest Airlines bookings must be booked at least seven days in advance.
- You can cancel a reservation within 24 hours by calling the Southwest reservation phone numbers.
- The non-refundable and non-transferable nature of this service applies to all flight reservations.
- The 24-hour cancellation period Southwest offers does not apply to the Want Get Away fares.
- Can charge Southwest cancellation fees if a cancellation request is submitted more than 24 hours after making the reservation.
Southwest Airlines No-Show Policy
- The airline advises customers to cancel their tickets ten minutes before the flight’s departure.
- You’ll be tagged as a No-Show and could be charged if you don’t.
- You can still request a refund, and you’ll get it as flight credits.
- For businesses, select flyers, or at any moment, the benefits are available.
- For some, however, refunds might not be available due to Southwest Airlines’ No-Show policy.
How to Cancel Southwest Airlines Flight?
Flyers on Southwest can change or cancel their reservations online, via phone, or in person at the airport ticket office. Let’s look at the three methods listed below for canceling your flights:
Cancel a Southwest Airlines Flight Online:
Here is a thorough explanation of how to cancel a Southwest Airlines reservation online:
- Choose “Look Up Reservation” from the menu after navigating via Southwest.com on a desktop computer or opening the Southwest Airlines mobile app.
- According to Southwest Airlines’ quick rewards cancellation policy, customers who made flight reservations through the program may cancel or modify their reservations by checking in and looking them up in their accounts.
- You must enter the passenger’s name and the six-digit confirmation number in the space provided.
- It will display the Southwest Airlines flight refund amount, available travel money, and the booking confirmation you provided.
- You can select to get a refund or turn the airfare into travel cash if you have the Southwest cancel flight refund value available.
- Click the “Cancel Flight” button to end the flight. If your attached booking confirmation lists more than one person, you can choose a specific one to cancel on Southwest Airlines.
- According to Southwest Airlines’ refund policy, the account statement may take one to two billing cycles to reflect a refund for airfare.
Southwest Airlines Flight Cancellation Phone:
Southwest Airlines customers can seek a refund and cancel their flight over the phone at –
- Contact Southwest Airlines by calling the cancellation line.
- To recover the booking, keep the passenger’s name and your six-digit booking reference close to hand.
- Tell the travel advisor to cancel the reservation. Monitor the travel funds or refundable amount linked to your reservation.
- Southwest Airlines flight refund can take one to two billing cycles to appear on your account statement.
Cancel a Southwest Airlines Flight at the Airport Counter:
Southwest Airlines cancellations can be requested by passengers at the airport counter with one of the airline’s customer service employees at least 10 minutes before the planned departure.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Fee
Has your Southwest flight been canceled? Are you trying to determine how much Southwest cancellation fees will be in actual numbers? If so, check the information below to see what you’re looking for:
- The cost of the “Wanna Get Away” vacation is $200.
- Pay the “Any Time” travel cost of 150 USD.
- The “Business Select” travel ticket is USD 125.
The best course of action would be to speak with customer care to determine the precise amount of cancellation fees based on your trip itinerary and fare.
Southwest Airlines Refund Policy
For the return policy, the airline has established several guidelines. Don’t forget to pay close attention to the following:
- Southwest offers two ticket types: flight tickets that are refundable and those that are not.
- If a passenger buys a non-refundable flight ticket, they cannot get a refund. They may still ask for travel credits for their subsequent reservation, though.
- In addition, you cannot use a refund request to use these travel credits. The credit will continue to be valid for one year after that.
- Anytime and Business Select are refundable fares. Therefore, they can receive a full refund in the actual payment method.
- Moreover, neither Want Go Away Plus nor Wanna Get Away offers refunds. In the event of a flight cancellation, travel credits are available.
- The Southwest refund policy states that the airlines will take 7 to 10 days to process your return.
How to Get a Refund from Southwest Airlines?
Travelers have a variety of convenient ways to get a refund. To request a refund, read the information below:
Refund Request on the Company’s Website
- Initially, go to Southwest’s official website.
- Next, select “Cancel Flight” and fill out the necessary information.
- You will then see your booking information and your travel credits.
- Then select “Refund” from the menu.
- Finally, decide on the actual payment method to get your refund.
Refund Request through Customer Service
- Call Southwest customer support at +1-888-982-1907 to get started.
- After that, share your reservation information, including your name and number.
- Choose the “Do Not Pay” option from the IVR menu now.
- Last but not least, a live representative will soon connect with you.