Southwest Airlines is a well-known and beloved airline that has earned its place in the hearts of many travelers. They are known for offering excellent customer service and a great overall experience. One of the things that makes Southwest Airlines stand out is its name change policy, which allows passengers to change their tickets at any time for a nominal fee. In this blog post, we will discuss the details of Southwest Airlines’ name change policy and how it can benefit travelers. We will also provide helpful tips for processing your name change request correctly.
What is SouthWest Name Change Policy?
It is vital to know the policy to finish the name change procedure quickly. Moreover, the airline’s policy is uncomplicated, making things easy for all travelers.
If you would like to know more about Southwest’s policy regarding changing the name on a ticket, please read the following information.
- To update the full name on your reservation, you must first cancel your existing reservation and then create a new one using the correct name.
- The name printed on a Southwest ticket can be changed, and the Ticket can be reprinted for a future trip. It’s important to remember Southwest’s policy on name changes.
- The Southwest Airlines policy permits passengers to alter their last name by up to three letters.
- Additionally, the full name on a ticket cannot be altered. The name change is allowed if your legal name has changed due to marriage or divorce. Make sure you have documentation to prove this.
- In addition, people who have their first, middle, and last names in the wrong order should contact a Southwest customer service representative.
SouthWest Airlines Name Change on Ticket
Before asking Southwest Airlines to change the name on your Ticket, remember the following:
Before the Ticket is issued:
- According to Southwest Airlines’ name correction policy, a passenger’s first and middle name can be changed to four characters. This total of four characters should not be seen as four for the first name and four for the last name.
- According to Southwest Airlines’ name change policy, a title or removing a space between the first, middle, or last name would be a four-character adjustment.
- Any alterations to the Passenger Type Code (PTC), Date of Birth (DOB), Gender, or the addition of an infant are not regulated by the regulations for name changes and are handled as regular re-issuance requests.
- Call our Southwest Airlines reservation phone number to make any requests to adjust names that are more than 4 characters long.
- A valid legal document must accompany all requests from Southwest to change names after marriage.
After the Ticket is issued:
- Tickets issued by Southwest Airlines cannot be transferred, and names on the tickets cannot be altered unless there is a legal name change, like after a marriage or divorce.
- Only name changes on Southwest tickets can be requested through Southwest Airlines’ contact number. You must provide your Rapid Rewards account number, legal documents, or other paperwork required to reflect the new legal name.
How to Change a Name on a SouthWest Airlines Ticket?
You can contact Southwest Airlines to make a name change request: you can call them directly or submit an online request.
SouthWest Name Change Online
To change the name on your Southwest ticket, follow these easy steps:
- Head to southwest.com and click the ‘Manage Booking’ button to proceed.
- Press the “Retrieve booking” button once you have entered the passenger’s last name and the six-digit booking reference.
- To ask for a modification of the name on your reservation, click the “Change name” button on the upcoming page.
- It is possible to request a name change on the Anytime and Business Select fares.
- You can alter a maximum of 4 letters in your first, middle, or last name. These 4 letters make up the total number of changes you can make, not 4 letters for each name. Enter the correct name.
- You will need to pay the fee for the name change and any additional costs associated with the change.
- Once the request is completed, passengers will receive an updated confirmation, requiring them to go through check-in and select their seats again.
SouthWest Name Change Over the Phone
You can call our customer support hotline to handle name changes or corrections requests.
- Have your six-digit booking reference number ready when talking to the airline staff.
- The agent will need you to give photocopies of any legal documents or other proof that accurately displays the correct name of the passenger to change your name.
- You can request up to three changes to your first, middle, or last name. All four characters count as one combined total and should not be split between your first and last name.
- If the cost of your new fare is different than your original fare, you will be required to pay the Southwest Airlines name change fee.
- Once the request is completed, passengers will receive a new confirmation and will need to re-do the check-in process and choose their seats again.
SouthWest Name Change Fee
If you need to correct your name on a Southwest Airlines booking within 24 hours of booking, you will be charged a fee of USD 150. The representatives may also ask for legal documents or other proof of identity.
For a fee of USD 200, Southwest Airlines allows up to 4 character name corrections on a ticket within 24 hours. After the name change, the Ticket is reissued and rebooked in the highest class in the same cabin that is still available. If the Ticket is reissued in a higher class of service, the difference in fare will be charged.
Can I change my flight ticket name to another person?
Only minor modifications can be made to someone’s name. If you wish to make a full name change, you must cancel the reservation and rebook the flight.
How can I change my name on a flight for free?
Within 24 hours of booking your flight, you can change the name on your Ticket without incurring any additional charges. You have the freedom to alter your name during this period.
Can you Change the Name on the Southwest Airlines ticket within 24 hours?
If you need to change the name on your booking within 24 hours of booking, Southwest Airlines will charge a fee of 150 USD. Southwest Airlines representatives may require copies of legal documents or other information that proves the correct name.
What are the charges for name change under Southwest Airlines’ name change policy?
If you request a name correction within 24 hours of making a reservation, there are no fees to pay. However, if you apply for a name change after 24 hours, you will be charged between $80 and $200.
Can I request name correction on the Ticket after marriage?
Yes, after getting married, a traveler may request a name change. To make this change to their Southwest ticket, they must present a legal document, such as a marriage certificate.